Buttermilk Walnut Coffee Cake with Orange Essence
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons newly grated orange passion
- 3/4 cup grease
- 1 cup sliced walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350º& Kungroo Airtight Glass Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker Pitcher Pot , 1 Quart ordm; F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, the salt and ginger and sort together into a big bowl. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir up until the sugars are combined equally with the flour. Add the orange passion and oil and stir until the mix perspires and crumbly.
- Get rid of 3/4 cup of the crumbly mix to a little bowl and add the walnuts and the staying 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside, to utilize for topping later on.
- Include the baking powder and baking soda to the mixture in the big bowl, then stir and toss to integrate. Beat together buttermilk and egg, include to the flour mix, and stir just till the batter is mixed; put on’& rsquo; t over mix, some small lumps are fine.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle equally with the reserved topping mixture. Bake 40-45 minutes, or till the center of the cake bounce back when pushed lightly, or a toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean.
- Makes one 13 x 9 inch coffee cake: 20 pieces Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 370, Fat: 28 g, Hydrogenated fat: 6g, Protein: 12g, Carb: 19g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 270 mg, Fiber: 2g.